Tuesday, December 20, 2011

4.3 Gold Making Predictions: Perfection and Slow Going


I made a quick couple of predictons for 4.3 gold making before the patch, here's how they panned out.

Chaos Orbs will fall to 50g/ea


Chaos Orb Prices in 4.3


First of all, the giant supply was dead on the money, with over 400 being posted on the first day. Secondly the price fell extremely quickly to the 50g mark as predicted. The major reason the price hasn't fallen any further is because of the way the Economics of Dreamcloth Are Changing. I had considered the floor price of [Chaos Orbs] in relation to Dreamcloth before the patch, but I'd missed out on a crucial piece of information. The number of orbs required for each cloth dropped from 5 to 4, which Flux was kind enough to tweet, so go read his detailed post if you are into all things dreamcloth.


Living Embers will rise in value

Living Ember Prices in 4.3


For the first part of my prediction, I was absolutely dead wrong. [Living Ember]s have not increased in value, however the way I had planned to make coin from them is working very nicely, if a little slow going. I was fortunate enough to get plans for [Fists of Fury], [Emberforged Elementium Boots] and [Endless Dream Walkers] from Firelands... I was a little slack on rolling on the last few patterns that dropped, which in hindsight was a little silly.

All three have been selling for a good markup, although selling quite slowly. I suspect that as valor boots get cheaper and cheaper, the crafted boot market will dry up.

Stockpile

I've been through my stockpile, with much of the ore actually going straight into buckles, they have been selling so well (almost 400 buckles since the start of the month for over 70k in sales). I have sold a heap of leg patches, and keep selling out faster than I can get reasonably priced leather. The Darkmoon Faire has come and gone and my stockpile of decks and cards has been moving nicely. I wish I had picked up a LOT more cyrstals before the patch, as the price has more than doubled and keeps going up, however enchant scrolls have continued to be profitable. I've even dabbled in the epic gem market, but that's a subject for another time.

750k Milestone


I'd been hovering close to the Petting Zoo achievement for a while, so I thought I'd celebrate 750k in style and learn a [Guardian Cub] and [Parrot Cage (Hyacinth Macaw)] to bring it up. I was pleasantly surprised that after buying my parrot purely because it was an epic pet and cost 15k gold, just how much I like it. The slow flapping of the wings, the parrot sounds that it makes, it has to be easily in my top 5 favourite pets in the 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment