Tuesday, September 18, 2012

August 2012 Glyph Sales



Patch 5.0.4 hit this month, and sales on the first day eclipsed the rest of the month. Over 50k sales on the patch day was a terrific result, and really makes all that preparation worth while.

August Stats:
  • Total Glyph Sales:  103173g
  • Total Glyphs Sold: 1725
  • Average Price:  59g81s
I'll be posting in more detail about the first few days following the patch, particularly some data on which glyphs were the big hits for me, so stay tuned for that.

Having plenty of both glyphs and ink stockpiled made posting very easy, and I was able to craft a full set of each new glyph almost immediately. Dath'Remar was very, very well prepared, with most glyphs becoming cheaper as the undercutting wars went on. I did my auctioneering duty and reset a few pieces of low hanging fruit, but most glyphs remained squarely in the 40 - 150g bracket. None of my major competitors seem to have run out of stock, and it will be interesting to see how the market continues into MoP next week.

4 comments:

  1. I missed out on the 5.0.4 rush, as I only resubscribed a few days after the patch came out. Do you think there will be another rush next week when the actual expansion comes out? What should I be prepared with that is specific to the expansion and not 5.0.4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there will be definitely another peak in demand with MoP, but don't think the overall volume will be as big as 5.0.4.

      The main thing to take advantage of in MoP is the new discoverable glyphs made with Pandaria materials. Depending on how big your server is, you may have a day or so as the only scribe that can make Glyph of the Blazing trail, and any warriors like me would gladly fork over 1k for it on day one :)

      Delete
  2. :S 1million gold in glyph sales in a month? lemme guess there is 1x too many zeros there? or am i really just missing a trick when it comes to glyphs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely an extra zero in there. My total was just over 103k, with over half of that coming on the day of the patch. Thanks for pointing that out!

      Delete